Tuesday 16 June 2015

what is I/O processor?

I / O PROCESSOR
I/O processor is separated from the  main processor or CPU. it handles the input/output devices. ti also controls the transfer of information between the computer is main memory  and input/output devices.

there are many input/output devices like keyboard, mouse, scanner, monitor, printer,plotter, microphone, video camera, disk drivers etc. the functions of these devices are different from each other. the I/O devices are also slower as compared to the speed CPU  and primary storage. it is because the speed of I/O devices depends upon the mechanical movement of the components of the devices. it is difficult for CPU to control these devices directly.

the I/O processor handles all I/O operations without the involvement of CPU. CPU perform other different operations, instead of I/O operation. it means that CPU and I/O processors run parallel. Most of the computers have one or more I/O processors.
INPUT
anything given to the computer is called input. the data and instructions are given to the computer as input.
Input Devices
the devices that are used to enter data and instructions into the computer are called input devices. the input devices is a hardware component. it takes input from user and converts it into a form that a computer can use.

A list of most popular and commonly used input devices is as follows:
Keyboard
Mouse
Trackball and Touch pad
Scanners
Video camera
Microphone
Character-recognition devices.

what is I/O processor? Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: All apk power

0 comments:

Post a Comment